Wednesday 23 November 2011

What have I done?

What have I done recently then?


I wrote a review of François Dallegret's exhibition at the Architectural Association for BD. It's here, although paywalled. Dallegret is perhaps the lost member of the late 60s / early 70s utopian bunch of architects, too idiosyncratic to pin down and probably not ambitious enough to end up as powerful as the rest of them.


I also wrote a review for the Architect's Journal of the book 'RUINS' from the series 'documents of contemporary art', which is here. It's funny, the book that I have coming out soon deals with three of the themes of these books quite heavily - first they did ARCHIVES, then FAILURE and now RUINS. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that really, perhaps the book is coming out too late for the wave of interest but then it was written what feels like a ridiculously long time ago, so who knows. One mustn't expect too much anyway... Still, read the book - it's ace, well worth it.


More of my short journalistic work is in this month's ICON, where I write various pieces about Herzog & de Meuron, Ma Yansong, and Coop Himmelb(l)au. 


I went to Zagreb, which was great. I gave a talk about the ArcelorMittalOrbit sculpture, which I've written about on here quite a few times before. I was speaking as part of this event, along with Mark and Owen, who both gave very interesting talks, despite me still not being able to muster a toss about Pulp... Zagreb was a fascinating place, where I met some very lovely people, and it is also blessed with some incredible architecture. I also saw the funniest thing that I've seen in a long long time, which I hope I can share with you sometime soon.



On matters music/hobby related, two more Chopin preludes:

Chopin - Prelude No.7 in A - guitar by entschwindet und vergeht
Chopin - Prelude No.20 in C minor - guitar by entschwindet und vergeht

Oh well...

No comments: